Monday, July 21, 2014

22 Days!

So, I've been told often that I'm a leader. A 'natural-born' one so to speak. While I am sometimes soft-spoken and shy, I mostly live my life in full extrovert mode, talking and planning and taking charge in every situation. I've also been told I have a great voice for both public speaking and yelling at children. Which is cool, I guess.

Anyway, one of the biggest things I've done this past year in the way of leadership is apply for the alpha program at my school! Alpha is this huge deal at APU, it's a part of the Orientation program and basically what happens is every single freshman coming into APU gets put into an alpha group with an alpha leader. Freshman spend about 10 weeks with this group the beginning of their first semester, making friends, learning the ropes of college, and having fun! Well, I loved my alpha leader and the program so much that I was really really excited about applying, and even more excited when I found out I got the position! Now, this semester, I will be in charge of around 10 freshman! I'm seriously so stoked on life.

Before poor, confused 18 year olds are put in my care, however, I will have to go through this three week training process, and I officially leave for training in 22 days. Less than a month! I am just so excited for the opportunities that lie ahead I just had to write about it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment