Senior year's been grueling. Most of the time it feels annoying, stupid, pointless. Like another year at an institution that's done practically nothing for me the past three is really going to make a difference? But, you know what, I am proud of my senior year. I like it. I'm glad that I get this last year to make memories, to learn from my experiences, to get closer with my friends. I like the fact that I talk to more people this year than I ever have in the past. But, I'm also excited to get to college.
Now, it's funny, I pretty much only applied to two schools- Azusa Pacific University and Pepperdine University. Both of these schools are a bit of a drive from my house, both of these schools have a superb academic reputation, and both of these schools are Christian. Now, I've always held a belief that you get a bunch of Christians together the population is generally worse than any secular school. Why, then, would I apply to Christian universities only? Well, it's simple really. I'm passionate about knowing more about God.
I really didn't know at first, to be honest, why I was doing it, either. I just thought that the atmosphere would be a little better, the boys would be nicer, maybe I'd get a date for once in my life. But, you know, that's not it. I really really want to learn more about God. And... now that I've figured that out everything makes so much more sense.
So, in short, even though I'm liking senior year (for once) and enjoying this time I have to be a kid, I'm ready to go on. 134 days till graduation! Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment