The past few months, my youth group and I have been trying to find ways to raise money so that we can all go to church camp. Thousand Pines church camp, to be exact, which is my absolute favorite camp in the whole entire world. So many things change while we are up there, and God really has the opportunity to work in all of our lives.
Well, to be very blunt, we have been sucking. Massively. I don't know what it is about our church, but our fundraisers suck. Every single time. Either something goes wrong or someone forgets to show up or just no one shows up for it. And, believe me, this time around was no exception.
There were other obstacles, too. The camp lost six of our scholarship papers, scholarships a lot of people were dependent on. It seemed like nothing, and I mean nothing, could go right.
Then yesterday came around, and while we were all sitting in our pews waiting for the sermon to start, the realization hit us. Only four people were for sure going to camp, and I wasn't even one of those four, because I haven't finished paying it off. As the sermon went on I personally started to feel this huge feeling of dread. Regret. Unaccomplished, to say the least. It was exactly one week until camp and we weren't able to do it.
But then, a miracle happened. Someone, or a bunch of someone's I'm not too clear on the details, donated a bunch of money to our scholarship fund. Every single person that signed up for camp is going to be able to go.
I am praising God forever for this miracle. And I can't wait for next Sunday so I can go to camp with my friends.
![]() |
| Camp last year, it'll be even better this year! |

No comments:
Post a Comment